Attention 23.10.18: Due to the high demand we are opening a second group. We will try to accomodate this group also in the Hotel Mauberme, however this cannot be confirmed right now. Otherwise we will accomodate the second group in a comparable hotel nearby, such as the Hotel deth Pais.
Price: 2100 EUR
Turns and Tapas! In the spanish Pyrenees Val D’Aran is a very interesting destination for skiers with diverse possibilities. Next to very good infrastructure and sincere hospitality the region convinces with great tours. We find Spains biggest ski resort, numerous peaks between 2.200 and 3.000 meters and a remote and wild national park. This trip includes 6 skitouring days in different parts of the area. On bad weather days tours in the forests or a visit to the ski resort are possible. At the end of the skiing day it is almost compulsary to visit a Tapas bar and have a great and relaxing evening with good food. For everyone who is eager to explore an exotic skitouring destination Val d’Aran is a nice alternative to skitouring in the Alps.
The travel procedure
We will fly to Toulouse Blagnac (TLS) and from there our shuttle takes us to Val d’Aran in around 2 hours. During the next 6 days we will do ski tours in different areas of Val d’Aran, depending on weather and snow conditions. The drives from our hotel to the starting points of the tours will be short. There will be the possibility to book a helicopter flight, if the whole group agrees on it. On days with heavy snowfall the ski resort Baquira-Beret is worth a visit, with several alternatives. Also, there is a great Spa located around 30 minutes away from the hotel. It is a perfect alternative for bad weather days. On Saturday, 17th of February we will fly back home.
- Endurance for ascents of up to 1300 vertical meters per day
- Good skiing technique and skitouring experience is required
- This trip is designed for skitouring people. Freeride options are given.
Our Price of 2100 Euro includes the following
- 7 overnights at Hotel Mauberme
- 7 delicious dinners in selected restaurants
- 7 days accompaniment by an UIAGM mountain and skiing guide of the Flory Kern team
- 6 skiing days with one UIAGM mountain and skiing guide of the Flory Kern team
- Airport transfers in Spain/France
- All transfers on spot
- Safety equipment avalanche transceiver device, shovel and probe for free rental (you need to inform us about it at least 30 days prior to travelling)
- Return flight to Toulouse Blagnac (TLS) from 400 EUR
- Lunch and all drinks
- Single room supplement (40 EUR/night)
- optional lift passes (45-50 EUR/day)
- optional skidoo transport (ca. 15 EUR/person)
- optional helicopter flight (from 400 EUR/rotation, 4 people in one rotation)
- Spa (ca. 20 EUR/person)
- Travel insurance/travel cancellation insurance
Please note the following three points after your booking:
A good or very good physical shape =>
A realistic self-assessment and an appropriate fitness level is required to join our trips. In order to enjoy long ski days you need to get in shape and train prior to the trip. A good fitness also reduces the risk of injury.
Information about the destination, vaccinations, health =>
Please keep yourself updated about the current (political) situation and country specific particularities of your destination. You can do so by checking the website of the ministry of foreign affairs of your own country.
Travel insurance =>
Please note that there is a potential risk of injury on a ski trip. When travelling abroad several travel insurances are imperative. Besides a travel cancellation insurance we highly recommend a travel health insurance as well as a travel accident insurance. These insurances need to cover potential costs for search and rescue operations and costs for hospital stays etc. It is your own responsibility to make sure you are covered accordingly.
For all of our trips that include a flight, a travel accident and travel health insurance that cover potential costs for search and rescue operations and medical costs (for example hospital stays) is mandatory. The insurance will be queried in our online registration form and we kindly ask you to fill in that information.
Appropriate insurance companies you can find in the internet. Please also check your credit card, eventually the according insurances are included.
The minimum number of participants is 5, the maximum 8.
Please note our travel conditions at www.flory-kern.de/agb.