Spain – Val d’Aran: Ski Touring in the Pyrenees.
Turns and tapas! In Val d'Aran in the Pyrenees there are almost endless possibilities for ski touring, which makes it one of the most interesting spots for winter sport enthusiasts.
Price: 2100 EUR
Dates & booking
Please select a date for your favourite trip.
Not only does this region offer great infrastructure and warm hospitality, but it also never fails to impress us with its amazing touring locations. This region is home to Spain’s largest skiing resort, numerous peaks that range in height between 2200m and 3000m, and to a remote and blooming national park. This trip includes six days of touring in cherry-picked areas. During bad weather, touring under the cover of a forest or a visit to a local ski resort are two possible alternatives.
We will also, of course, make obligatory stops at some tapas bars after a day of touring – perfect for a comfortable evening with good food and people. Val d’Aran is a great choice for those wanting to explore somewhere new, but includes all of the comforts that some ski touring destinations in the Alps do not offer.
Hotel and ski touring area
Our accommodation here can be reached in roughly two hours from the Toulouse Blagnac airport (TLS). After arrival you will have six days great days ahead of you, which will mostly be filled with ski touring. Touring locations will be determined based on weather and snow conditions by your guide as to ensure that you have the best possible experience that can be provided. The journeys to the starting locations each day are relatively short. We will also have the option of heliskiing and Heli-randonée. Just 30 minutes away from our hotel is a beautiful spa.
In heavy snowfall, it is possible to visit the Baquira-Beret skiing resort. Upon request, freeride days can be arranged, however, this would require the purchase of a lift ticket. After breakfast on Saturday morning, we will be taken to the airport and commence on the journey home.
Requirements and Skiing Equipment
- Good physical fitness and condition for the daily ski touring ascents up to 1300 metres. Mastery of kick turns is also necessary.
- We recommend practice with ski crampons.
- Safe and stable skiing technique in alpine terrain
- This trip is predominantly for ski touring, however, the option of freeriding will also be made available.
- Ski touring equipment, including skin and ski crampons, is required.
Outward Journey & Hotel
By airplane you will reach Toulouse-Blagnac, we are happy to assist you with the flight booking. From the airport it is a 2 hour drive to our Hotel Mauberme, which is a cosy base. Here you can find more information - Homepage.
We offer this trip to a minimum number of 5 and maximum of 8 participants.
Included in the Price of 2100 EUR
- 7 Nights at the Hotel Mauberme in a double room, with breakfast
- 7 top-notch meals in selected restaurants
- 7 days accompanied by a UIAGM certified mountain guide
- 6 days of skiing with a UIAGM certified mountain guide
- All local transfers
- The hire of safety equipment (Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe) – N.B. please let us know 30 days in advance if safety equipment is required.
- Flight to Toulouse Blagnac airport (from 400 EUR)
- Lunch, snacks, and beverages
- 45-50 EUR Surcharge for a single room
- Optional ski-doo shuttle for freeriding (approximately 15 EUR pp)
- Optional helicopter flight (400 EUR/flight, 4 people/flight)
- Spa (from 20 EUR pp)
- Travel or cancellation insurance
Requirements and Fitness Level
A realistic self-assessment and an appropriate fitness level is required to join our trips. In order to enjoy a long day of skiing and to reduce the risk of injury, it is important to get in shape and possess a good level of fitness.
Current Country-Specific Information, Vaccines and Health
Please contact your own ministry of foreign affairs for current information about your destination.
Please note that there is a potential risk of injury on skiing trips. In addition to travel cancellation insurance, comprehensive medical and accident insurance that cover the costs of search and rescue, as well as transport costs, are imperative. It is your own responsibility to ensure that you are insured before departure.
Comprehensive medical and accident insurance that covers potential costs of search and rescue operations as well as any medical costs is mandatory for all of our trips abroad.
It is required that you state this information during registration in our registration form in order to ensure 24h emergency assistance.
Links to Insurance Companies:
Please also check your credit card policies as it is possible that these already include insurance.