Norway - Skitouring on Senja
Dream ski tours on Norway's second largest island. Senja is located 350 km north of the Arctic Circle and offers the ski tourer unbelievable possibilities and always with a sea view and runs down to the water.
Price: 2400 EUR
Dates & booking
Please select a date for your favourite trip.
A Rather Unknown Touring Area
The many wonderful ski tours on the island of Senja have not yet been fully discovered by skitouring tourism. In a breathtaking landscape, high above the fjords, we enjoy the most beautiful peaks and descents this week. Our base is in the picturesque Mefjord Brygge in a cozy cottage right by the water.
After arriving in Tromsø, we drive about 1 hour to Brensholmen, here we board the ferry and reach the north shore of the island of Senja in another 30 minutes. Another 30 km further we are at the picturesque Mefjord. After moving into our comfortable accommodation, we have the next 6 days to get to know the most beautiful peaks on the west coast of the island of Senja. The following Saturday we drive back to Tromsø early in the morning to catch the return flight to Central Europe around noon.
The Skitouring Area
Located on the northwest side of the island, Mefjord is one of the island's many deep-cut fjords. Depending on the weather and snow conditions, we can adjust the ski tours on a daily basis. Most destinations are only a few kilometers from our base. What makes the ski tours on Senja very special are the incredible views down into the deeply carved fjords. Most of our peaks are around 1000 meters, so the ascents are accordingly.
We are accommodated in a typical Norwegian cottage. In addition to the bedrooms, which are usually used as double rooms, we have a spacious living room and a very well equipped kitchen. We prepare breakfast here ourselves, we eat dinner in various restaurants or cook something for ourselves in our kitchen. The bathrooms and toilets are for shared use. A sauna can be booked on site for a small fee.
Requirements & Skiing Equipment
- Stamina for ascents between 800 and 1500 meters in altitude per day or up to six hours
- Experience in ski touring, safe climbing on skins is mandatory. Complete ski touring equipment including crampons is required
- Good skiing technique in all snow types and conditions
- By plane from Central Europe to Tromsø. We are happy to help you book your flight through our partner travel agency. From Tromsø the further journey takes place with our shuttle bus.
Included in the Price of 2400 EUR
- 7 nights with self-prepared breakfast
- 7 days accompanied by a UIAGM mountain and ski guide
- 6 guided ski touring days by a UIAGM mountain and ski guide
- All transfers by bus from Tromsø Airport
- All transfers on ferries, applicable road tolls
- Safety equipment (avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe) on loan (must be registered at least 30 days before the trip)
- Flight to Tromsø (from 450 EUR)
- 7 dinners in restaurants (approx. 40 EUR per meal), alternatively we can also cook ourselves in the accommodation
- Alcoholic drinks
- Travel insurance/cancellation insurance
Meeting Requirements and Fitness Level
A realistic self-assessment and an appropriate fitness level is required to join our trips. In order to enjoy a long day of skiing and to reduce the risk of injury, it is important to get in shape and possess a good level of fitness.
Germans, Austrian and Swiss citizens only require a valid passport for the duration of the trip. A visa is not required.
Current Country-Specific Information, Vaccines and Health
Please contact your own ministry of foreign affairs for current information about your destination.
Please note that there is a potential risk of injury on skiing trips. In addition to travel cancellation insurance, comprehensive medical and accident insurance that cover the costs of search and rescue, as well as transport costs, are imperative. It is your own responsibility to ensure that you are insured before departure.
Comprehensive medical and accident insurance that covers potential costs of search and rescue operations as well as any medical costs is mandatory for all of our trips abroad.
It is required that you state this information during registration in our registration form in order to ensure 24h emergency assistance.
Links to Insurance Companies:
Please also check your credit card policies as it is possible that these already include insurance.