Norway – Ski Touring in Lofoten
Lofoten offers a diverse range of incredible tours for both beginners and the advanced – whatever your heart desires, with a sea view.
Price: 2290 EUR
Attention: change of travel dates in week 2
The Gulf Stream and Norway’s Snow
The Gulf Stream is responsible for the vast amounts of snow that is brought to the remote island of Lofoten. The peak of the arctic winter offers serenity and beauty in this fascinating area and is all yours to discover. The breath-taking tours here range in character and there’s something for all skill levels. At our accommodation, the Lofoten Ski Lodge, we will feel heartily welcomed by great hospitality. A perfect place to recover and relax after an exciting day of touring.
You will be picked up at the Svolvaer airport and taken to the Lofoten Ski Lodge by bus. This is a short 15-minute drive. A main building and smaller huts, so-called Rosburs, make up the accommodation where we will be staying. Over the next six days we will be able to explore the different areas of Lofoton on ski. Our exact touring locations will be decided each day and will be dependent on weather and snow conditions. The starting points of the tours are all within an hours’ drive from the lodge. After breakfast on the last day, we will fly back to central Europe.
Requirements and Skiing Equipment
- Experience of ski touring and good command and control when climbing with skins. Full ski touring equipment is required.
- Good physical fitness and condition for ski touring ascents up to 1500 metres (approximately six hours).
- A good skiing technique in all types of terrain.
Hotel and Outward Journey
- You will fly from central Europe to Svolvaer. We’re happy to provide assistance with your booking. We will meet at Svolvaer airport.
- We will be staying at the Lofoten Ski Lodge in Kabelvåg, directly by the sea, in Rosburs. We will be provided with a generous breakfast and dinner. Freshly made waffles are also an absolute treat after a day of ski touring. www.lofotenskilodge.com
Number of Participants
The minimum number of participants is 5, maximum 8.
Included in the Price of 2290 EUR
- 7 Nights in a double room, all-inclusive (breakfast buffet, midday snacks, and evening meal). Single rooms are not available.
- 7 days accompanied by a UIAGM certified mountain guide
- 6 days of skiing with a UIAGM certified mountain guide
- Transfers by bus from the airport
- Use of the sauna at accommodation
- The hire of safety equipment (Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe) – N.B. please let us know 30 days in advance if safety equipment is required.
- Flight to Svolvaer (from 650 EUR)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel and cancellation insurance
Meeting Requirements and Fitness Level
A realistic self-assessment and an appropriate fitness level is required to join our trips. In order to enjoy a long day of skiing and to reduce the risk of injury, it is important to get in shape and possess a good level of fitness.
Current Country-Specific Information, Vaccines and Health
Please contact your own ministry of foreign affairs for current information about your destination.
Please note that there is a potential risk of injury on skiing trips. In addition to travel cancellation insurance, comprehensive medical and accident insurance that cover the costs of search and rescue, as well as transport costs, are imperative. It is your own responsibility to ensure that you are insured before departure.
Comprehensive medical and accident insurance that covers potential costs of search and rescue operations as well as any medical costs is mandatory for all of our trips abroad.
It is required that you state this information during registration in our registration form in order to ensure 24h emergency assistance.
Links to Insurance Companies:
Please also check your credit card policies as it is possible that these already include insurance.