The Alps – Easter Egg Freeride Plus in Valais
When spring is already arriving in the valleys and some are already dreaming of summer, we are still drawn to the Alps by the great conditions for freeriding.
Price: 1090 EUR
Dates & booking
Please select a date for your favourite trip.
The high-altitude glacier ski areas in Valais usually still offer good conditions in powder and / or firn even in spring. From our centrally located hotel we can reach the areas scattered in all directions by car. In the Val d´ Anniviers there are great slopes with a view of 4000 meter giants like the majestic Weisshorn. On the ideally south-facing slopes on the Sparrhorn, we can enjoy perfect firn after short ascents in good weather. In the Lötschental, in addition to many excellent freeriding opportunities, we even have the opportunity to use the helicopter. The landing sites on the Petersgrat and the Ebnefluh spit us out in the midst of a spectacular high mountain world ... be amazed for a moment and then very long descents back into the valley await us.
Wherever we go, we are already looking forward to 4 great Easter skiing days with you!
Requirements and Equipment
- This trip is aimed at advanced level skiers who have experience of freeriding and in deep snow.
- Due to the late time of the year, ascents of 1h or more with ski skin and touring bindings may be required. Freeriding skiing equipment that can also be used for touring is therefore necessary. Should good conditions allow for it, this trip will be predominantly descent focussed.
Hotel and Arrival
We are staying in the exclusive Chapter 7 boutique hotel in Raron. The house has a lot to offer with 15 elegant rooms, two suites, four excellent restaurant zones, an enchanting vaulted cellar as well as a unique chef's table and garden park. www.kapitel7.ch
We offer this trip to a minimum number of 5 and maximum of 6 participants.
Included in the Price of 1090 EUR
- 4 nights in a double room with half board
- 4 days accompanied and led by a UIAGM certified mountain guide
- The hire of safety equipment (Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe) – N.B. please let us know 30 days in advance if safety equipment is required.
- Lunch and beverages
- Lift pass (approximately 40 EUR/day)
- Single room surcharge (40 EUR/ night)
Requirements and Fitness Level
A realistic self-assessment and an appropriate fitness level is required to join our trips. In order to enjoy a long day of skiing and to reduce the risk of injury, it is important to get in shape and possess a good level of fitness.
Current Country-Specific Information, Vaccines and Health
Please contact your own ministry of foreign affairs for current information about your destination.
Please note that there is a potential risk of injury on skiing trips. In addition to travel cancellation insurance, comprehensive medical and accident insurance that cover the costs of search and rescue, as well as transport costs, are imperative. It is your own responsibility to ensure that you are insured before departure.
Comprehensive medical and accident insurance that covers potential costs of search and rescue operations as well as any medical costs is mandatory for all of our trips abroad.
It is required that you state this information during registration in our registration form in order to ensure 24h emergency assistance.
Links to Insurance Companies:
Please also check your credit card policies as it is possible that these already include insurance.