The Alps - Freeride Courmayeur Mont Blanc all around
The Mont Blanc massif, with the highest summits, the largest glaciated areas, and the wildest mountainscapes. It’s no wonder that this is considered to be one of the best spots for freeriding in the Alps.
Price: 1180 EUR
Attention: change of hotel services and trip price on 30.09.19
The best runs...
Travel with us and join us on some of the best runs between Vallon de Arp and Col de Tour. In Courmayeur, on the Cresta Youla, we have a wide range to choose from: north or east, more than 1500 vertical meters, beautiful slopes and wide couloirs. The new Funivia Monte Bianco takes us to 3400m above sea level. From the Col de la Toule we can even look 2100m down to Entreves, and then head down on this amazing descent. We will descent almost all the way to the cable car, past the Glacier Brenva and monumental boulders.
From the Pointe Helbronner, from the Funivia Monte Bianco, we will also enter the world-famous Vallée Blanche: "la Noire" leads us under rocky walls along the rugged ice ridges of the Mer de Glace. Should the conditions allow it, we can swing on 2400m down into Charmonix city. Or, maybe, even by cable car to the Aiguille du Midi at 3800m, and then once again into the immense Vallée Blanche. Alternatively, we can head Or we may head into the area of the Grand Montets, where more world-famous runs await: la Face, Pas de Chêvre, Glacier d'Argentière and others. From our cosy base we can also reach La Thuile, which offers us countless possibilities, even when the weather isn’t quite on our side. We will have dinner in various restaurants throughout the week - culinaric diversity is guaranteed thus.
Requirements and Equipment
- Controlled and safe skiing at speed in every type of terrain and snow, including freeride and deep snow experience.
- Ascents of 1h with ski skin and touring bindings may be required. Depending on conditions, a longer ascent may be necessary. Freeriding skiing equipment that can also be used for touring is therefore necessary.
Hotel and Arrival
- We will be accomodated in the cosy Hotel Dolonne in Courmayeur. Due to its excellent location we easily can reach different restaurants for dinner. Further information about the hotel www.hoteldolonne.it
- Arrival: Motorway Bern – Vevey – Martigny – Col du Forclaz – Chamonix and then tunnel du Mt. Blanc to Courmayeur. Our meeting point will be at the hotel on the first day at 19:00.
We offer this trip to a minimum number of 4 and maximum of 6 participants per guide.
Included in the Price of 1180 EUR
- 7 nights in a double room with breakfast
- 6 days accompanied and led by a UIAGM certified mountain guide
- The hire of safety equipment (Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe) – N.B. please let us know 30 days in advance if safety equipment is required.
- Lunch snack, dinners and beverages
- Lift pass (approximately 50-60 EUR/day)
- Taxi fares and if necessary transport to Aiguille du Midi
- Single room surcharge (40 EUR/ night)
Requirements and Fitness Level
A realistic self-assessment and an appropriate fitness level is required to join our trips. In order to enjoy a long day of skiing and to reduce the risk of injury, it is important to get in shape and possess a good level of fitness.
Current Country-Specific Information, Vaccines and Health
Please contact your own ministry of foreign affairs for current information about your destination.
Please note that there is a potential risk of injury on skiing trips. In addition to travel cancellation insurance, comprehensive medical and accident insurance that cover the costs of search and rescue, as well as transport costs, are imperative. It is your own responsibility to ensure that you are insured before departure.
Comprehensive medical and accident insurance that covers potential costs of search and rescue operations as well as any medical costs is mandatory for all of our trips abroad.
It is required that you state this information during registration in our registration form in order to ensure 24h emergency assistance.
Links to Insurance Companies:
Please also check your credit card policies as it is possible that these already include insurance.